Richard Principle Leitch, 1844–1875, British, Landscape with Ruined Castle on the Esk, 1874
Landscape with Ruined Castle on the Esk
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite, with scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 7/16 x 15 3/4in. (26.5 x 40cm) and 10 1/2 × 15 5/8 inches (26.7 × 39.7 cm)
Signed and dated in blue ink, lower right: "R.P. Leitch | 1874. 12 50 0"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | bridge (built work) | castle | cataract | landscape | mountains | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sheep | shepherd | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.