Richard Principle Leitch, 1844–1875, British, Landscape with Ruined Castle on the Esk, 1874
Landscape with Ruined Castle on the Esk
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite, with scratching out on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 x 15 3/4in. (26.5 x 40cm) and Sheet: 10 1/2 × 15 5/8 inches (26.7 × 39.7 cm)
Signed and dated in blue ink, lower right: "R.P. Leitch | 1874. 12 50 0"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | bridge (built work) | castle | cataract | landscape | mountains | river | riverbank | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sheep | shepherd | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.