- Study for the Portrait of a Lady
- Black chalk, white chalk, red chalk and graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 × 6 7/8 inches (22.9 × 17.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink within mount, upper center: "N. 73" and lower rigth: "R"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Sir Peter Lely, 1618–1680, Dutch, active in England (from 1643), Study for the Portrait of a Lady, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.