The Miraculous Draught of Fishes
- Part Of:
- after 1855
- Aquatint, etching and stipple engraving with color woodcut on cream card mounted on contemporary cream card
- Mount: 7 3/4 x 8 9/16 inches (19.7 x 21.7 cm) and Image: 5 5/8 x 7 3/16 inches (14.3 x 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "E / w / G | 18"
Impression in contemporary mount, lower center: "(shield) PRINTED | IN OIL COLORS | BY | BRADSHAW & BLACKLOCK | LICENCEES | MANCHESTER | BY BAXTER | PATENTS | (rectangle) "MIRACULOUS | DRAUGHT OF FISHES"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- appearance of Christ at the Lake of Gennesaret (Sea of Galilee, Sea of Tiberias): miraculous draught of fishes (after the Resurrection) | beards | beards | birds | boats | Christian | cloaks | disciples | discussion (meeting) | fish | fishing | gesturing | halo | lake | miracle | nets | New Testament | people | power | reeds | religious | religious and mythological subject | surprise | tapestry | the Raphael Cartoons | togas | trees
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
The Miraculous Draught of Fishes (cartoon, 1515)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, The Miraculous Draught of Fishes, after 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.