- Ruth and Naomi
- Hand-colored lithograph on thick, cream, slightly textured wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 26 inches (54 x 66 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "22/27 | White[...]; on back in blue chalk center: "2504936 | Comstock"
Lettering upper left: "Printed in England. Published by Permission of the Liverpool Corporation "; lettering upper right: "Published by Felix Rosenteil. London E.C."; lettering lower left:"Painted by P.H. Calderon R.A. | Entreat me not to leave thee; whither | thou goest, I will go; and where thou | lodgest, I will lodge; thy people shall | be my people, and thy God my God"; lower lower right:: "Copyright | RUTH AND NAOMI."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of David Doret, Yale BA 1968, and Linda Mitchell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Old Testament | the story of Ruth, the Moabitess
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Philip Hermogenes Calderon, 1833–1898, British, Ruth and Naomi, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.