IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown artist, Landscape in the Lake District, ca. 1813
Landscape in the Lake District
- Additional Title(s):
Vale of St. John
- ca. 1813
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 inches (21 x 30.5 cm), Mount: 12 7/8 x 16 1/2 inches (32.7 x 41.9 cm)
Inscribed on back of mount in graphite upper left: "4 | 3/4 B L & H | bream[...]"; on back in graphite" * No 3 | 56237 65669" on back in graphite lower left: "11 1/2 x 7 3/4 | 15"; on back lower right in pen and brown ink: "The Vale of St. John from the | 10th mile stone on the road from | Ambleside to Keswick | W Green 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Renée and Geoffrey H. Hartman, Yale PhD 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | men | mountains | road | sheep
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Europe | Lake District | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.