- Landscape in the Lake District
- ca. 1813
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, cream, smooth wove paper mounted on medium, beige, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 12 inches (21 x 30.5 cm) and Mount: 12 7/8 x 16 1/2 inches (32.7 x 41.9 cm)
Inscribed on back of mount in graphite upper left: "4 | 3/4 B L & H | bream[...]"; on back in graphite" * No 3 | 56237 65669" on back in graphite lower left: "11 1/2 x 7 3/4 | 15"; on back lower right in pen and brown ink: "The Vale of St. John from the | 10th mile stone on the road from | Ambleside to Keswick | W Green 1813"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Renée and Geoffrey H. Hartman, Yale PhD 1953
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | men | mountains | road | sheep
- Associated Places:
- Cumbria | England | Europe | Lake District | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, Landscape in the Lake District, ca. 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.