James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Green and White - Dieppe, ca. 1885
Green and White - Dieppe
- ca. 1885
- Watercolor and gouache on medium, smooth, beige wove paper mounted on card
- Sheet: 4 7/8 x 8 1/2 inches (12.4 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite verrso, center: "No. 19 41G"
L. Corneliuson stamp on back
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Given in Memory of John B. Oliver, Yale BA 1941, by his Widow and Children
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | chair | green | landscape | leisure | sailing | umbrella | white
- Associated Places:
- Dieppe | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.