Print made by Adam Ludwig Wirsing, 1733–1797, German, Caryophyllus X. Mercurius. Plate 67 from 'Hortus Nitidissimis Omnem per Annum Superbiens Floribus', Nuremberg, 1768, 1768
- Caryophyllus X. Mercurius. Plate 67 from 'Hortus Nitidissimis Omnem per Annum Superbiens Floribus', Nuremberg, 1768
- Engraving with original hand coloring on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 20 x 14 inches (50.8 x 35.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John D. Viener, Yale AB 1961
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | butterfly | caterpillar | flower (plant) | plant | science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.