- The Blue Passion Flower, 1800, from Robert John Thornton, 'The Temple of Flora', London, 1799-1812
- Aquatint, stipple and line engraving with hand coloring on medium, moderatley textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 1/2 x 18 7/8 inches (59.7 x 47.9 cm)
Lettered below image: "Reinagle pinxt. | The Blue Pafsion Flower. | London, Published by Dr. Thornton, Jany. 1800. | Caldwall sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John D. Viener, Yale AB 1961
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | flowers (plants) | passiflora | plant | science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, The Blue Passion Flower, 1800, from Robert John Thornton, 'The Temple of Flora', London, 1799-1812, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.