IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, The Blue Passion Flower, 1800, from Robert John Thornton, 'The Temple of Flora', London, 1799-1812, 1800
The Blue Passion Flower, 1800, from Robert John Thornton, 'The Temple of Flora', London, 1799-1812
- Part Of:
Collective Title: The Temple of Flora; or Garden of Nature, London: 1799-1812
- Aquatint, stipple and line engraving with hand coloring on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 23 1/2 x 18 7/8 inches (59.7 x 47.9 cm)
Lettered below image: "Reinagle pinxt. | The Blue Pafsion Flower. | London, Published by Dr. Thornton, Jany. 1800. | Caldwall sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John D. Viener, Yale AB 1961
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | flowers (plants) | passiflora | plant | science
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Critique of Reason : Romantic Art, 1760–1860 (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-03-06 - 2015-07-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.