Lysimachia (Loosestrife), Plate 278 from 'A Curious Herbal', volume II, London, 1737
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving with hand coloring in watercolor on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 9 1/4 inches (36.8 x 23.5 cm), Plate: 11 7/8 × 7 3/4 inches (30.2 × 19.7 cm), Image: 10 5/8 × 6 inches (27 × 15.2 cm)
Lettered upper right: "Plate 278"; lower left: "Loosestrife | Eliz. Blackwell delin. sculp. et Pinx."; lower center: "1. Flower. | 2. Seed Vessel. | 3. Seed."; lower right: "Lysimachia."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John D. Viener, Yale AB 1961
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | botany | flowers (plants) | loosestrife | science
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Elizabeth Blackwell, died 1774, British, Lysimachia (Loosestrife), Plate 278 from 'A Curious Herbal', volume II, London, 1737, 1737
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.