- Former Title(s):
Wedding of Crown Prince Frederick William and Princess Victoria
- Additional Title(s):
Wedding of King Frederick William and Queen Victoria of Prussia
- ca. 1858
- Lithograph with hand coloring on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/16 x 9 1/2 inches (33.5 x 24.2 cm) and Image: 11 1/2 x 9 3/16 inches (29.2 x 23.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "376"; upper center: "520"; upper right: "15"
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "L'ADIEU."; lower left: "J. BRANDARD. | ENT. STA. HALL."; lower center: "CHAPEL ROYAL, ST. JAMES'S | BY | BRINLEY RICHARDS."; lower right: "M & N. HANHART, IMPT. | Pr. 3/6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Hohenzollern-Schlaberg-Hughes Collection, Gift Thomas Lowe Hughes, Yale JD 1952
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- candles | crowns | gowns | historical subject | lace | men | music score | palace | prince | princess | reading | royalty | uniforms | wedding | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | St James's Palace | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Frederick William III (Friedrich Wilhelm III) (1770-1840), king of Prussia from 1797 to 1840
Richards, Henry Brinley [pseud. Carl Luini] (1819–1885), pianist and composer
Victoria (1819–1901), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and empress of India
Albert (1819–1861), prince consort, consort of Queen Victoria
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Michael Hanhart, active 1841–1852, L'Adieu, ca. 1858
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.