Portrait of a Man
- Pen and black ink, pen and gray ink, brown wash, gray wash and red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches (18.4 x 15.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink center right: "AR | 1774"; inscribed on back in graphite center: "Raeburn"
Watermark: fragment of a crown.
Signed in pen and gray ink center right: "AR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | genre subject | man
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Archibald Rutherford, 1743–1779, British, Portrait of a Man, 1774