Sketch for 'The Continence of Scipio'
- Former Title(s):
Scene from Roman History
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 × 7 inches (13.3 × 17.8 cm)
Signed in bown ink, lower left: "M Rysbrack. f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | historical subject | men | soldier | women
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Michael Rysbrack, 1694–1770, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1720), Sketch for 'The Continence of Scipio', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.