John Michael Rysbrack, 1694–1770, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1720), Penitent Magdalene, undated
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash over red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, moderately textured, white paper
- 5 7/16 x 5 3/4in. (13.8 x 14.6cm) and 6 3/4 × 7 1/8 inches (17.1 × 18.1 cm)
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Michael Rysbrack [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- kneeling | portrait | religious and mythological subject | robes | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.