John Michael Rysbrack, 1694–1770, Flemish, active in Britain (from 1720), Penitent Magdalene, undated
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash over red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, moderately textured, white paper
- Sheet: 5 7/16 x 5 3/4in. (13.8 x 14.6cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 6 3/4 × 7 1/8 inches (17.1 × 18.1 cm)
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Michael Rysbrack [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- portrait | robes | veil | woman
- Associated People:
- Mary Magdalene, Saint (early 1st c. AD – mid-late 1st c. AD)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.