The Cut at Paraiso
- Additional Title(s):
Cut at Paraiso
- Lithograph on medium, cream, smooth wove paper
- 21 1/4 x 25 inches (54 x 63.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "W224 12116"; in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "Pennell"; in graphite lower right Cut at Paraiso L40 + VAT A5656; inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "The Cut of Paraiso"
Signed in graphite lower right: "Pennell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | industrialization | landscape | mountain | railroad | smoke | trains
- Associated Places:
- Panama | Panama Canal | Paraíso
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Pennell, 1860–1926, American, The Cut at Paraiso, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.