The Cut at Paraiso
- Additional Title(s):
Cut at Paraiso
- Lithograph on medium, cream, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 25 inches (54 x 63.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite lower left: "W224 12116"; in artist's hand in graphite lower right: "Pennell"; in graphite lower right Cut at Paraiso L40 + VAT A5656; inscribed on back in graphite lower left: "The Cut of Paraiso"
Signed in graphite lower right: "Pennell"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | industrialization | landscape | mountain | railroad | smoke | trains
- Associated Places:
- Panama | Panama Canal | Paraíso
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Pennell, 1860–1926, American, The Cut at Paraiso, 1912
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.