IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), A Lecture on Gadding, 1789
A Lecture on Gadding
- Etching, stipple engraving, and mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 7/16 x 15 1/16 inches (46.9 x 38.2 cm), Plate: 15 7/8 x 12 15/16 inches (40.4 x 32.8 cm), Image: 13 1/8 x 11 1/16 inches (33.3 x 28.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "(IR74/583)"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered in brown ink, lower center: "Painted by J. R. Smith"; lower center: "A LECTURE ON GADDING. | Publishd Jany. 1, 1789 by I. R. Smith No. 31 King Street Covent Garden"; lower right: "Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi R A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armchair | basket | bonnet (hat) | book | bow (costume accessory) | bust | carpet | chair | Classical | costume | curls | dog (animal) | feathers | furniture | genre subject | gesture | gowns | hat | interior (space) | leaning | leisure | man | painting (visual work) | pleasure | reading | sculpture | sword stick | women | writing (processes)
- Associated People:
- Bannister, John (1760–1836), actor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.