IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Louis XIV style frame, 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
British, Louis XIV style frame
- 2nd and 3rd quarters of 18th century
- Carved wood, later oil gilding over original gilding
- Frame: 57 1/4 × 77 3/4 × 2 3/4 inches (145.4 × 197.5 × 7 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Louis XIV style | frame status: Contemporary | frame quality: Good | frame ornament: Flowered back edge; continuous foliate scrolls and floral sprigs with acanthus leaf corners; acanthus tip sight edge | frame cross-section: Ogee with frieze | frame alteration: yes
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.