Emma Hart as Bacchante
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- 16 3/4 × 12 15/16 inches (42.5 × 32.9 cm), 15 × 10 15/16 inches (38.1 × 27.8 cm), and 9 7/8 × 8 1/16 inches (25.1 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Lady Hamilton"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds"; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by J.R. Smith Mezzotinto Engraver to | His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales."; lettered, lower center: "A BACHANTE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, Emma Hart as Bacchante, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.