- The Charmer
- ca. 1780
- Black chalk, white chalk, and gray ground on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (36.5 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed below image: "<...>"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
A loan exhibition of English drawings and watercolours from the collection of Mr and Mrs Paul Mellon of Upperville, Virginia, P. & D. Colnaghi & Co., London, 1964, cat. no. 31, N5247.M385 L62 (YCBA)
Yale University Art Gallery, English drawings and watercolors, from the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, April 15 - June 20, 1965 , New Haven, 1965, cat. no. 31, NC228 Y34 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Raphael Smith, 1752–1812, British, The Charmer, ca. 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.