Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Men-of-War and Sailing Boats Near a Shore, undated
Men-of-War and Sailing Boats Near a Shore
- Watercolor with pen and red brown and gray ink over graphite on cream, moderately thick, slightly textured, wove paper, glued to mat
- Sheet: 8 1/16 x 18 1/4 inches (20.5 x 46.4 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Allen Evarts Foster, B.A. 1906
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | boats | buildings | lighthouse | marine art | men-of-war | navy | people | sailing | sailors | sails | ships | shore (landform) | water | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.