'The Surrey Fencibles Dispersing the Rioters in St George's Fields June 13th 1795'
- Additional Title(s):
Scene of Battle
Mounted Cavalry Charging A Crowd
- Part Of:
- Watercolor with pen and black ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 x 5 7/8in. (8.3 x 14.9cm), Contemporary drawn border: 4 5/16 × 7 inches (11 × 17.8 cm), and Mount: 12 11/16 × 16 5/16 inches (32.2 × 41.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, 'The Surrey Fencibles Dispersing the Rioters in St George's Fields June 13th 1795', undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.