IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Soldiers Embarking, undated
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Bound Volume of 15, Original Water Colour Drawings, by Thomas Rowlandson
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink, over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/4 × 5 9/16 inches (8.3 × 14.1 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 4 5/16 × 6 11/16 inches (11 × 17 cm), Mount: 12 11/16 × 16 5/16 inches (32.2 × 41.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "4a"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.