IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Loading a Cart for Market, undated
Loading a Cart for Market
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Bound Volume of 15, Original Water Colour Drawings, by Thomas Rowlandson
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink, over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 7/16 × 9 1/4 inches (16.4 × 23.5 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 7 11/16 × 10 1/2 inches (19.5 × 26.7 cm), Mount: 12 11/16 × 16 1/4 inches (32.2 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "9"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "T. .Rowlandson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors-Sketchbooks
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.