Admiral Christian's and Mr. Lyson's Cottages, Cowes
- Watercolor with pen and gray and black ink with graphite on medium, slightly textured, biege, wove paper
- 5 1/16 x 20 inches (12.9 x 50.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, (very faint), upper right: "Adm. Christian & Mr. [Lyons?] | Cottages | Cowes"; Verso: in graphite, upper center: "Gate on the road | to Carisbrooke"; in graphite, lower right; "D3410"
watermarks: "J. Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | cottages | fences | fields | landscape | property lines | sheep
- Associated Places:
- Cowes | England | Europe | Isle of Wight | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Admiral Christian's and Mr. Lyson's Cottages, Cowes, undated