IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Rococo frame, 3rd quarter of 18th century
British, Rococo frame
- 3rd quarter of 18th century
- Carved wood, later oil gilding over original gilding and sanded frieze
- Frame: 57 × 46 3/4 × 2 3/8 inches (144.8 × 118.7 × 6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Rococo | frame status: Out of period | frame quality: Exceptional | frame ornament: Pierced scrolling foliate, raffle leaf-&-rocaille corner-&-centre cartouches; cross-hatched diapered panels pierced with trefoils bordered by ‘S’-scroll rails; acanthus leaf sight | frame feature: Recutting in gesso, 'réparure' | frame cross-section: Concave with frieze | frame alteration: no alteration
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.