IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British (?), Provincial 'Carlo Maratta' frame, 3rd quarter of 18th century
British (?), Provincial 'Carlo Maratta' frame
- 3rd quarter of 18th century
- Carved wood and compo, later oil gilding over original gilding
- Frame: 35 1/4 × 30 1/4 × 1 1/2 inches (89.5 × 76.8 × 3.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Provincial 'Carlo Maratta' frame | frame status: Original | frame quality: Fine | frame ornament: Stylized egg-&-dart back edge; enriched gadrooning on top edge; beading; acanthus-&-shell sight edge | frame feature: Rare pattern | frame cross-section: Concave | frame alteration: no alteration
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.