- The Gourmand
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, laid paper, mounted on, thick, slightly moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 7 3/8 inches (24.1 x 18.7 cm) and Mount: 13 1/2 x 11 11/16 inches (34.3 x 29.7 cm)
Inscribed in red brown ink, on mount, lower left: "Rowlandson"
Signed in gray ink, on sheet, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cat (domestic cat) | drinking | food | genre subject | man | roasters, bird | servant | table (support furniture) | table linen | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Gourmand, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.