Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Hengar Wood, St. Tudy, Cornwall, undated
Hengar Wood, St. Tudy, Cornwall
- Watercolor with pen and red brown and gray ink over graphite on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove support
- 6 3/4 x 10 5/16 inches (17.1 x 26.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Hangar Wood"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cottage | herd | hills | landscape | sheep | shepherd | trees | valleys (landforms) | woods
- Associated Places:
- Camel | Cornwall | England | Europe | Saint Tudy | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.