Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, The Paris Diligence, undated
The Paris Diligence
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Etching
- Watercolor with pen and black, gray and red-brown ink over graphite; verso: graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 14 1/8 inches (23.3 x 35.9 cm) and Mount: 12 1/2 x 17 7/16 inches (31.8 x 44.3 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower right: "T. Rowlandson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- archways | beggars | buildings | carriages | cityscape | crucifixes | Grand Tour | horses (animals) | ladies | monks | pig | piglets | riding crops | soldiers | town | transportation | windows
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Paris
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.