IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, Provincial Louis XIV style frame, 2nd quarter of 18th century
British, Provincial Louis XIV style frame
- 2nd quarter of 18th century
- Carved wood, later oil and water gilding over original gilding
- Frame: 22 1/4 × 26 1/4 × 2 1/8 inches (56.5 × 66.7 × 5.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: Provincial Louis XIV style | frame status: Out of period | frame quality: Fine | frame ornament: Acanthus leaf-&-shield on back edge; continuous foliate scrolls and floral sprigs with acanthus leaf corners; acanthus-&-shell sight edge | frame feature: Rare pattern | frame cross-section: Ogee with cavetto | frame alteration: yes
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.