Study of a Hulk
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 8 x 14 inches (20.3 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "One of the old men of War made a Brakewater and fitted for Shipwrights at Sherness"
watermarks: horn design, "1802"; not in Shorter, not in Churchill, similar to no. 324. Heawood see pls. 352, 353.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | boats | hulk (watercraft by form) | hulk (watercraft by form) | marine art | marine art | oars | ship | ship | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.