George Romney, 1734–1802, British, The Croquet Match Gone Awry, ca. 1770
The Croquet Match Gone Awry
- ca. 1770
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 5 1/2 x 6 5/8 inches (14 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "768"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- croquet | figure study | match
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.