IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Howard Visiting a Prison, undated
Howard Visiting a Prison
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Satan and __________ in Combat
- Gray ink with gray wash over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 x 20 inches (34 x 50.8 cm)
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | child | children | cloth | correctional institution | figure study | historical subject | men | nudes | prison | prisoners | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.