A Man with a Horse, Possibly Ward Thomas
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: A Seated Woman and Another Figure, Said to be Lady Fraser
- Pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 4 1/4 inches (15.6 x 10.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "404"; on verso in graphite, center left: "17[...]8"; center right: "[...]'; upper right: "317"; lower right: "404B"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | horse (animal) | man
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, A Man with a Horse, Possibly Ward Thomas, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.