IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
unknown framemaker, British, 'Watts' frame, late 19th to early 20th century
British, 'Watts' frame
- late 19th to early 20th century
- Wood and compo with oak frieze, original oil and water gilding
- Frame: 29 3/4 × 35 3/4 × 2 1/2 inches (75.6 × 90.8 × 6.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Link to Framed Image:
- Subject Terms:
- frame style: 'Watts' frame | frame status: Possibly original | frame quality: Good | frame ornament: Stylized leaf back edge; cross-cut acanthus; astragal-&-triple bead; centred husks at sight edge | frame cross-section: Architrave | frame alteration: no alteration
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.