IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, MacBeth: Banquet Scene, undated
MacBeth: Banquet Scene
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: MacBeth: Banquet Scene
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 8 3/8 inches (14.3 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Banw's Ghost"; on verso in graphite, lower center: "Macbeth of [...]"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banquet | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | plays by William Shakespeare
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.