IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, MacBeth at the Witches' Cave: Second Visit, undated
MacBeth at the Witches' Cave: Second Visit
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 9 1/8 inches (14.3 x 23.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "186 | [...]"; lower center: "[...]"; lower left: "504"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cave | dark | drama | literary theme | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | plays by William Shakespeare | witches
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.