George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Prison Scene, between 1749 and 1802
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: The Indian Women
- between 1749 and 1802
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 3/4 x 7 inches (12.1 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "698"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bodies | correctional institution | dark | genre subject | jail | prison
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.