- Spring - "From the Plains from the Woodlands and Groves, What Strains of Wild Melody Flow!"
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (21.6 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center right: "In | 13 1/4 | x In | 11/4 Full"
Lettered below image in pen and gray ink, center: "SPRING. | From the Plains, from the Woodlands, and Groves | What strains of wild Melody flow"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "R. Westall. 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Lowell Libson in Honor of Kasha Jenkinson
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, Spring - "From the Plains from the Woodlands and Groves, What Strains of Wild Melody Flow!", 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.