The Temptation of Christ
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 5 3/4 x 8 1/8 inches (14.6 x 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "27x21 350"; on verso in graphite, lower left: "630A"; lower right: "[...]"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- religious and mythological subject | spirits | temptation
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Suzanne E. May, " Sublime and infernal reveries " : George Romney and the creation of an eighteenth-century history painter, Thesis (Ph.D.) -- John Moores University, Liverpool, 2007 , British Thesis Service, Boston Spa, Wetherby, April 2007, v. 1, p. 197, v.2, fig. 200, NJ18.R65 M39 2007A OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]