IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Hell, undated
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite Sketch of a House
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/16 x 9 3/4 inches (16.1 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "1-361 Bacckaualiau scene | 34/28 1/2 331"; lower right: "429"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bodies | hell | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.