Satan Presiding over Hell
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Nude Woman Reclining
- Graphite; verso: brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 9 1/2 inches (11.7 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and blue ink, upper right: "[...] to No 12 [...] Cambridge [...] 73/30 (32)"; in graphite, lower left: "262"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | hell | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Satan Presiding over Hell, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.