Demonic Attack for the Temptation of Christ
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake: Nurse and Child Adrift
- Graphite and gray wash; verso: brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 5 3/8 x 8 1/8 inches (13.7 x 20.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "269"; on verso in graphite, upper right: "[...]"; lower left: "269"; lower right: "269"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | religious and mythological subject | temptation
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Demonic Attack for the Temptation of Christ, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.