- Temptation of Christ
- Graphite; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 inches (14 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "641"
Collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | religious and mythological subject | temptation
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Temptation of Christ, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.