John Gielgud, London, 1944
- 1944, printed 1983
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 12 × 9 5/8 inches (30.5 × 24.4 cm)
Signed and dated in black ink on verso: "© 1983 Constance Stuart Larabee | John Gielgud, London 1944"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Corcoran School of Art
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cigarette | costume | portrait | smoking (activity)
- Associated People:
- Gielgud, Sir Arthur John OM CH (1904–2000), English actor and theatre director
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, John Gielgud, London, 1944, 1944, printed 1983
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.