Village Warehouse, Basutoland, (Lesotho), 1947
- 1947, printed 1993
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 15 3/8 × 14 7/8 inches (39.1 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee VILLAGE WAREHOUSE. | LESOTHO 1947"
Signed and dated in black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee....1947"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | donkey | genre subject
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Village Warehouse, Basutoland, (Lesotho), 1947, 1947, printed 1993
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.