- Soweto, Johannesburg, 1948
- 1941, printed 1983
- Gelatin silver print on moderately thick, semigloss photographic paper
- Sheet: 20 × 16 inches (50.8 × 40.6 cm) and Image: 15 1/2 × 14 7/8 inches (39.4 × 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee 83 | Soweto, Johannesburg, S. Africa | JOHANNESBURG"
Signed and dated in black ink on verso, lower left: "Constance Stuart Larrabee 83."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © National Museum of African Art, Smithsonian Institution
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Constance Stuart Larrabee, Constance Stuart Larrabee: time exposure, New Haven, CT, p. 47, cat. 78, TR647 L36 1995 (LC) (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Constance Stuart Larrabee, 1914–2000, British, active in South Africa and the USA, Soweto, Johannesburg, 1948, 1941, printed 1983
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.