Possibly a Deposition
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Possibly Dancing Women
- Graphite; verso: gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 7 1/8 inches (16.5 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "587"
Collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- deposition | figure study | genre subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Possibly a Deposition, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.