Pharmarus Raises the Phantom before Kunaza
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Fake, Alope and Lion
- Graphite; verso: gray wash and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches (10.8 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "See another sketch with Tigers [...] BVC No 63 [...] 37/48 (8)"; lower left: "956"
Oval collector's mark: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4541); circular collector's mark, verso: Xavier Haas (Lugt 4542)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938, to the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Pharmarus Raises the Phantom before Kunaza, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.