- Gelatin silver print on photographic paper mounted on beige wove paper
- Mount (with studio logo on verso): 14 5/16 × 9 13/16 inches (36.4 × 25 cm), Sheet: 9 7/16 × 7 1/16 inches (24 × 18 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 5 7/8 inches (19.3 × 15 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso of mount, upper center: "Mrs. Schrader | Whitcote | [,,,] | 3/8 [...]| V/C | [...]" ; below, on blank line: "371D"
Lettered on verso of mount, center, with the Gilbert Adams Studio logo: "GA | Gilbert Adams Studio | Modern Portraiture | 22 Market Place | Reading | Telephone 2317 | Gilbert Adams | London | Allan Stokes"; below, in smaller font: "Reproductions of this print cannot be made satisfactory | except from the original plate. This plate is copyright | and is filed for refernce under | No 371D".
Signed and dated in graphite, on mount, lower right: "Gilbert Adams | 1934".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ball | banjo | girls | musical instruments | portrait | toys
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.