IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Lilian Stannard, 1877 or 1884–1944, British, The Flower-Covered Arch, undated
The Flower-Covered Arch
- Watercolor on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on board
- Sheet: 16 1/4 × 20 1/2 inches (41.3 × 52.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, center: "And the sinuous paths of lawn | and moss which led through the garden | along and away | Shelley"
Signed in black ink, lower left: "Lilian Stannard"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, In Memory of Helen G. and Charles H. Warner Sr.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | butterfly | flowers | landscape
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.